Diabetes is hard to manage. You can get a comprehensive understanding of the disease here and get the information about the latest treatments and get professional advices. read more
Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is a brand-new therapy based on traditional Chinese herbal medicines dating back thousands of years ago. It combines the essences of herbal medicines read more
Hormonal therapy is commonly used to treat Kidney Disease in clinic. It refers to use one or more than one hormone medicines to suppress the over-reactive immune reaction read more
Patients are suggested to treat kidney disease first before they get pregnant read more
If you are diagnosed with Kidney Disease, you should talk to your doctor about starting an exercise read more
Foods and Drinks play an important role in Kidney Disease patients read more
Kidney Disease News and Events read more
In every week, a famous experienced renal medicine specialist will be invited to help diagnose and evaluate inpatient's disease condition, offering detailed therapeutic schedule. read more
Mangosteen is often revered as “Queen of Fruits”. It is not only used as a delicious food, but also a source of traditional medicine. Can ESRD patients eat mangosteen?
Diet for ESRD patients
As we all know, ESRD patients have many diet restrictions.
-Limit the intake of fluid to alleviate edema.
-Before dialysis, ESRD patients are suggested not to consume high amounts of protein. Being on dialysis, ESRD patients are encouraged to eat high quality protein foods such as egg white, fish, milk etc.
-Restrict the intake of sodium, potassium, phosphorous etc.
-Add calories to the diet without causing wastes to build up in the blood if a patient is on dialysis.
100 g mangosteen contains 80.94g water, 73 kcal energy, 8 mg phosphorous, 48 mg potassium, and 7 mg sodium. Besides, it is rich in dietary fiber and vitamins. From the above criterion, we can see that mangosteen is not harmful for ESRD patients. Specifically speaking, eating mangosteen has many benefits.
Health benefits of mangosteen for ESRD patients
1. Mangosteens are rich in vitamin C and contains about 12 % RDA per 100 g, which provides resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful pro-inflammatory free radicals. So it can protect you from diseases.
2. Mangosteen has the function of dilating blood vessels which can improve ischemia and anoxia and is helpful for the recovery of kidneys.
3. Mangosteen aids in promoting red blood cells and prevents against anemia.
4. Mangosteen contains anti-inflammatory properties. Kidney disease is due to inflammation in the kidney. So kidney patients can benefit from eating mangosteen.
5. Mangosteen is helpful in reducing the level of cholesterol and sugar in human body.
6. Mangosteen also help lower high blood pressure, combat in urinary tract infection, boost energy etc.
However, there is xanthone in mangosteen, too much intake of which will increase the risk of acidosis. How much you can take should be made according to your state of illness. You had better consult a doctor for a wise decision. Would you like an immediate answer? Contact our online doctor now!