Diabetes is hard to manage. You can get a comprehensive understanding of the disease here and get the information about the latest treatments and get professional advices. read more
Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is a brand-new therapy based on traditional Chinese herbal medicines dating back thousands of years ago. It combines the essences of herbal medicines read more
Hormonal therapy is commonly used to treat Kidney Disease in clinic. It refers to use one or more than one hormone medicines to suppress the over-reactive immune reaction read more
Patients are suggested to treat kidney disease first before they get pregnant read more
If you are diagnosed with Kidney Disease, you should talk to your doctor about starting an exercise read more
Foods and Drinks play an important role in Kidney Disease patients read more
Kidney Disease News and Events read more
In every week, a famous experienced renal medicine specialist will be invited to help diagnose and evaluate inpatient's disease condition, offering detailed therapeutic schedule. read more
FSGS, or focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, is one kidney disorder that may eventually progress into kidney failure. As a result, most patients have to do dialysis. Then, they must want to ask: Is FSGS hereditary? can FSGS be fatal?
What is FSGS?
When harmful factors, such as kidney infections, drug toxicity and immune complexes, attack the kidneys, less blood flows into kidneys. Then, anoxia and ischemia can cause scarring within glomeruli and sometimes renal tubules.
About 2/3 of FSGS patients have a large amount of protein leakage and severe edema, and more than 50% of patients have hematuria, especially microscopic hematuria. In most cases, FSGS progresses slowly, and only in rare cases, patients have rapid progressive form of FSGS that can develop into kidney failure earlier.
Is FSGS hereditary?
In clinical, FSGS isn’t one typical inherited kidney disorder, because no researches have proven it is associated with gene. However, some clues do indicate there is a genetic component in some people with FSGS.
1. Racial clustering: FSGS is more common in African-American than others. Also, some FSGS patients find there is other member in their family having FSGS.
2. The recurrent rate of FSGS after kidney transplant: According to clinical reports, patients whose transplanted kidney comes from their relatives have a much higher rate of recurrence than those whose kidney comes from unrelated person.
From the above analysis, we can know FSGS does show some genetic characteristics. Therefore, some preventive therapies for FSGS are needed.
- Medicated Bath, Acupuncture and Massage, and some methods to improve human ability
- Quit up some bad habit such as alcohol and smoke
- Take medications which have renal toxicity carefully
- Develop a healthy diet and lifestyle plan
- Treat any cold and infection actively
Since the words here are limited, we are unable to list all preventive therapies one by one. To learn more about them, you can leave a message to email@example.com.