Diabetes is hard to manage. You can get a comprehensive understanding of the disease here and get the information about the latest treatments and get professional advices. read more
Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy is a brand-new therapy based on traditional Chinese herbal medicines dating back thousands of years ago. It combines the essences of herbal medicines read more
Hormonal therapy is commonly used to treat Kidney Disease in clinic. It refers to use one or more than one hormone medicines to suppress the over-reactive immune reaction read more
Patients are suggested to treat kidney disease first before they get pregnant read more
If you are diagnosed with Kidney Disease, you should talk to your doctor about starting an exercise read more
Foods and Drinks play an important role in Kidney Disease patients read more
Kidney Disease News and Events read more
In every week, a famous experienced renal medicine specialist will be invited to help diagnose and evaluate inpatient's disease condition, offering detailed therapeutic schedule. read more
Hypertensive Nephropathy, or hypertensive nephrosclerosis, is a kidney disease that occurs as a result of chronic high blood pressure. In order to make a confirmed diagnosis of the disease, it is necessary to make a differential diagnosis of Hypertensive Nephropathy. Read on to learn more about this.
▪ Primary hypertension. The onset age is often late, and patient often has family history of high blood pressure. Once eliminate the possibility of secondary hypertension, the diagnosis can be made.
▪ Intracranial lesions. Patients with tumor, intracranial hypertension, and cerebritis may also present elevated blood pressure. In these cases, there are typically neurological symptoms, so a definite diagnosis will be get with detailed examination of the nervous system.
▪ Angiopathy. Increased blood pressure may be caused by congenital coarctation of the aorta and Takayasu's arteritis. The differential diagnosis can be made according to pulseless disease, imbalance of upper and lower extremities, etc.
▪ Secondary hypertension. Toxemia of pregnancy and some rare diseases such as reninoma can also lead to high blood pressure.
▪ Hypertension can also occur in cases of aldosteronism, hyperthyroidism, and menopause, etc. In general, corresponding diagnosis depends on particular clinical manifestations, endocrine test check, medical history of endocrine disease, etc.
Having a better understanding of differential diagnosis of Hypertensive Nephropathy contributes to the accurate diagnosis of the disease and specific treatment. It should also be noticed that we should not only simply treat hypertensive renal disease but also repairing the damaged renal tissue while having a steady control of blood pressure. After the kidney function gets well restored, the symptoms will disappear spontaneously.